Find answers to your questions about ValueJet's products, services and more.
Frequently asked questions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
Baggage, Lost & Damaged Properties
Q :What is my allowance for checked baggage?
- ValueLite service includes only 7kg hand luggage with no checked baggage option.
- ValueXtra allows you to add 1 piece checked baggage to your booking (maximum 20kg) and an extra checked bag (maximum 20kg).
- ValuePremium passengers have 2 pieces checked baggage included. The weight limits on these bags must not be more than 30kg maximum.
Q :What is my allowance for cabin baggage?
Liquor, cigarettes and perfume in reasonable quantities are also permitted in addition to the above. As a general rule, all liquids, gels and aerosols, pastes, lotions, creams, drinks and other items of similar consistency must be in containers with a capacity no greater than 100ml. Such items might include the following:
- Hair gel
- hair spray
- Suntan lotions
- Liquid or aerosol deodorants
- Cosmetics such as mascara and lip gloss
- Other items of similar consistency
We expect you to be able to lift your own bag into the overhead locker. Cabin crew can assist you if you are elderly, travelling with young children or have a condition that requires support.
All cabin baggage must be of a size that fits under the seat in front of you and must fit in one of the overhead lockers. You are not allowed to place bags and other items behind your legs. It is also important to note that items are not permitted to obstruct the aisles and the emergency exits. This is forbidden by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.
While disembarking and taking items out of the overhead lockers, always look after the safety of your fellow passengers. Ensure you follow the limitation on weight, which helps minimise the risk of injury to passengers, should a bag fall from an overhead locker.
Q :How will my baggage allowance be calculated?
Q :What is the policy for transporting Dangerous Goods?
Transportation of such goods is regulated by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). Goods falling under the category of Dangerous Goods are not allowed in passenger or crew-checked baggage or cabin baggage.
For more information, kindly view the list of Dangerous Goods to learn what is permitted in luggage, and what you need to declare at the airport.
- Disabling devices
- Briefcase with alarm devices installed, and other smart briefcases
- Gases (flammable, non flammable or toxic) such as camping gases
- Lighters with non absorbable gases and refills
- Explosives, ammunition, fireworks and rockets
- Flammable solids such as 'strike anywhere' matches and highly flammable items
- Substances which emit flammable gases on contact with water
- Oxidizing materials (such as bleaching powder and peroxide)
- Infectious and toxic materials
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosive materials (such as mercury, acids, alkali)
- Magnetized material and other similarly dangerous products
- Personal medical oxygen devices that utilise liquid oxygen
- Fuel cell systems and spare fuel cartridges
Kindly check with our Ground Staff for more clarity in case you require more information about the nature of your baggage and items.
Q :What are the rules and charges for travelling with animals?
Q :Can I carry firearms, weapons and ammunition in my baggage?
- You must be in possession of the original firearms licence in your name and all original documents stating the appropriate clearances and permissions of said firearms, weapons and ammunition.
- The carriage of any type of firearm, weapon and ammunition must be approved by ValueJet before your flight. You will have to complete a form which will be given to you before departure. So kindly come much earlier for your flight as this process of approval might take a longer time.
- The firearm must be completely unloaded and, if possible, dismantled and packed inside a suitcase or standard gun case.
- Ammunition must be securely stored in a strong, sealed box packed inside a suitcase and surrounded by other contents. The suitcase must not bear an ‘Explosive’ label.
- The maximum gross weight of the ammunition carried by any single customer is 5kg (11lb). Customers travelling in groups must carry ammunition in their own separate bags, with no single bag carrying more than the 5kg (11lb) limit.
- All fireworks and any other items containing explosives, for example Christmas crackers, firecrackers, bottle rockets, poppers and sparklers are forbidden to be carried either as carry‑on baggage or as checked baggage on our flights.
Please check with our Ground Services team for more questions at the airport.
Q :What should I do if my baggage is lost or damaged?
A 'Property Irregularity Form (PIF)' would be given to you to fill and a ticket will be raised which will contain a unique reference number that we can use to trace your baggage. Then you can use your reference number to check the status of your baggage.
In the report you should include as much information about your baggage as possible, including the colour, brand and any identifying marks. If you have left the airport without filling out a report, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
When we receive your baggage, we'll contact you to arrange a delivery time.
Q :Do I get compensated if my baggage is lost or damaged?
For all other baggage enquiries, please contact the lost items office at the airport where your flight landed.
The customer service agents there will be able to help you.
Special Assistance And Requests
Q :What if I have special medications that I must carry with me?
Q :Can my child travel alone on a ValueJet flight? (Unaccompanied minor)
The travel fares depend on the age of the child. For more information about this, kindly get in touch with our customer services team. They are always happy to assist.
Q :I require a Special Service Request (SSR) on my flight. What do I need to do?
Online Booking on ValueJet
Q :What is online booking and how does it work?
- create an itinerary to suit your travel plans
- request and purchase other items e.g. a particular seat, an additional baggage, or request other services (SSRs)
- pay online by credit or debit card using our secure server, or with one of our other payment methods where available
To book your flights online, select your travel cities and dates, choose a suitable flight, confirm your personal details, and decide how you'd like to pay. It is really convenient.
Make an online booking now
Q :How do I know my ticket has been booked and paid for?
The booking reference, PNR, indicates that your reservation has been confirmed. An email confirming your booking will be sent to the email address provided by you during the booking process and your ticket will be attached.
Q :What is an electronic ticket (e-ticket)?
Each passenger will have their own unique e-tickets even if they are grouped under one Booking Reference. With your unique e-ticket, you can make changes and request for a special service. You can do all these by going to Manage your booking on the ValueJet website or app.
Q :What is the maximum number of passengers I can make a reservation for?
Q :Can I change or transfer passenger name on my ticket?
If you have legally changed your name you may present to us evidence of a name-change and we will update on the ticket.
Q :What payment methods are available when booking online?
You may be offered one or more of the following payment options:
- All bank-issued Debit cards in Nigeria works.
- Local debit cards in some countries.
- Credit cards subject to confirmation (Visa, MasterCard, etc).
- Real-time or online bank transfer (via Monnify).
- Offline bank transfer subject to confirmation before issuance of ticket.
Please check your preferred option while checking out your booking.
Q :What should I do if I paid but have not received a ticket?
Q :What is Booking on Hold?
When you are ready to pay, you can walk up to any of our offices, or contact us directly. You can also go to Manage your booking online and complete the booking process.
Q :Ancillary Products
- Additional baggage
- Seat pre-selection
- Flexible Ticket
- Airport Transfer
- Priority Boarding: ₦1,000
Q :Do I have to register on flyvaluejet.com before I can book online?
Q :Do I have to wear a face mask to travel on ValueJet?
Q :Can I still choose my seat on the flight?
ValueFlyer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)